1. Didn’t reach 50,000 words this year for NaNoWriMo.
Well, I won’t be able to make the 50,000 words for National Novel Writing Month. I fell under another bout of the stomach bug a couple days ago, so that’s almost a week total (between me and the kids being sick) where I couldn’t write anything. I got to almost 48,000 words, so I’m happy with that.
2. Isaac’s Decision is now with the editor.
The good news is that I finally finished reading Isaac’s Decision and it’s now off to the editor. That’s a big weight off my shoulders. So at least I’m on track to publishing it around January 1.
3. Still working on my other works in progress and think everythings going along fine with them. The word counts are slowly going up. I have learned, however, I’m better off working four stories at a time instead of five. But Just Good Friends is only 100 words a day at the moment, so it’s not a big concern. I plan to have that out in October since I just learned Smashwords wants holiday books to be in by the end of November to get them out in time to the distribution channels, and I’d rather have mine be ready around November 1. After Halloween, I start feeling festive, so that’s why I prefer to publish Just Good Friends around the end of October.
4. I think I’ll bump Bound by Honor, Bound by Love back to July. I haven’t changed this yet in the 2012 goals page yet but hope to soon.
5. I’ve decided I won’t make the character interviews into ebooks. There were enough No votes where it’s pretty much divided in half. If it was overwhelmingly yes, I would do it. But in this case, it’s not a good idea. I appreciate the feedback.
Well, my mind is blank, so I’ll be off to make supper for my children and hope to pick up writing tonight. 😀