Got the Covers for the Other Books in the Wedded Earls Series

I did these in GIMP, too.  The hardest part was finding the right background to fit the color of the dress the women wore.  I picked out about seven backgrounds before all was said and done.  What I’ve learned from this is that it’s all trial and error.  Until you put the woman and the background together, you have no idea if it’s going to work or not.  😛

I think I’ll start doing a similar format for my historical westerns.  I really enjoyed making these.  I admit that part of the fun in doing the Regency covers is that the gowns are gorgeous.  If only I had the figures these models do…  LOL  I’m more like a Mary Larson. 

Oh, for book 2, I renamed it.  Instead of The Earl’s Hasty Marriage, I decided on The Marriage Agreement, mainly because I haven’t worked out the details of the plot.  All I know is that the hero and heroine enter into a marriage of convenience.  Since book 1 is An Inconvenient Wife, I didn’t want to put the word “convenient” in book 2.  I know, it’s a minor point, but that’s why I didn’t opt for Marriage of Convenience.

Well, without further ado, here are the covers…

Book 2

Book 3

About Ruth Ann Nordin

Ruth Ann Nordin mainly writes historical western romances and Regencies. From time to time, she branches out to contemporaries romances and other genres (such as science fiction thrillers). For more information, please go to www.ruthannnordin.com or check out https://ruthannnordinauthorblog.wordpress.com.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Got the Covers for the Other Books in the Wedded Earls Series

  1. I always love your covers, Ruth Ann. Do you find that designing a cover early on in the book’s life helps you with writing it?

    • Thanks! Yes, it helps me stay motivated. There are times when I don’t want to write anything, but if I see my cover, then I tell myself, “Just a couple hundred words. I can manage that.” I guess the cover serves as a tangible reason to get the book done. For some reason, the book never seems real to me unless the cover is there.

  2. dorothypaula says:

    Dear Ruth, this is just an observation. The covers are beautiful! I did find myself wondering what the rest of the face looked like. Is there a reason for cutting off the tops of the heads? The dresses are beautiful, but one less ruffle and a full head might attract more. What do you think? Ruth, this is just an opinion. Disregard it if it doesn’t make sense to you. I love your books and look forward eagerly to each new one. 🙂

    • If I put the whole woman in, there wouldn’t be room to put the title so it’s a large enough size to be clear as a thumbnail. 😀 That’s why I opted to go the route I did.

  3. dorothypaula says:

    P.S. Thanks for the Link. I love learning new things. Melancholy married to Sanguine, with bits of the other personalities. Sounds ominous. (chuckling). Loveya, dorothypaula

    • Which one are you? I’m a Choleric-Melancholy blend and my husband is Phlegmatic-Melancholy blend. This turns out to be a good match. It sounds like Melancholy and Sanguines attract each other and make a good match as well. 😀 I love personality tests.

  4. Rose Gordon says:

    I love those covers! They’re gorgeous. I always struggle to find pictures. LOL

    • Two of the women were with a group of women so I had to cut them out. Look under medieval dresses. Turns out most of them are not “medieval”. Oh, “ball gown” was a good search term, too. It turned out to be easier to get the two images together than I thought. I started with the vertical picture of an old photo for an ebook size. Then I copy and pasted the background over it and resized it until I had the segement of the picture I wanted. After that, I copy and pasted the picture of the woman and expanded it until she filled up most of the picture. Then I spent between an hour to two erasing around her (often using the view up close feature). After that, I used .5 for Glaussian blur for the whole picture. Then I saved it so I have a base cover to go on. I learned the hard way to say the base cover so I can fool with different fonts.

      That was it. It’s ridiculously simple. I wish I had figured this out sooner. The hardest part was getting the dress to match well with the background because I discovered some colors in the background didn’t look right.

      Oh, and I used GIMP.

Comments are closed.