This goes out to 2017. I’m currently taking ideas on what to publish next year. I already have this year’s books lined out.
Really quick, these are the books I have planned for 2016:
- His Wicked Lady (Marriage by Arrangement: Book 1) comes out…tomorrow. For some reason, I kept thinking January 9 was Sunday. It’s a good thing I took a moment to look at the date today. LOL (I blame my lack of focus on the head cold I battled for the past couple weeks. It’s okay to blame anything on a cold.)
- The Convenient Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love: Book 1) comes out February 21.
- Bonus Material from the Nebraska Series comes out April 3.
- Her Devilish Marquess (Marriage by Arrangement: Book 2) comes out May 8.
- The Mistaken Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love: Book 2) comes out June 5.
- The Marriage Agreement (Pioneer Series: Book 2) comes out August 7.
- The Accidental Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love: Book 3) comes out September 4.
So now I’m looking at 2017:
- The Bargain Mail Order Bride (Chance at Love: Book 4) comes out January 7.
- His Wallflower Bride (Marriage by Arrangement: Book 3) comes out January 22.
- Groom for Hire (Pioneer Series: Book 3) comes out March 5.
Now, I have no dates set up for the other books I want to do in 2017, and after talking with some of you on Facebook, emails, and on this blog, this is what I have decided to add to the list:
The Highlander’s Captive Bride (I thought it’d be fun to branch out to a Highlander Romance for a change, and I already have an idea for this one.)
His Auctioned Bride (This will be Sep’s story; Sep was April’s brother in Shotgun Groom. People have been asking about his story, and I finally have an idea for it.)
Book 4 in the Regency series Marriage by Arrangement (I have no title for it yet, and I really don’t know who the main characters will be. That should come to me as I write more books in the series.)
Okay, the last one is going to be a hard one. I’ve had people ask for Ma and Pa Larson’s story, and I’ve had requests for Dave and Mary’s third book. We will see how much I am able to do during the course of 2016. I’m hoping to be ahead of schedule, but you never know what will happen.
I have also had a couple requests from time to time to do a time travel romance where a woman goes from the past into a contemporary setting. This is a neat idea. I like it a lot, but I don’t see how I could have it out before 2018.
Some quick FAQ’s I’ve received:
- Do you ever run out of ideas or think you will? Honestly, when I started writing romances back in 2007, I fully expected to write one or two books and be done. But, the more I wrote, the more ideas I got. I can’t turn it off either. I have more ideas in my mind than I’ll ever be able to write. They multiply all the time, and the regardless of how fast I try to write, I only get more and more of them. It is hard to pick which ones to go with. Often, it comes down to what you guys ask for.
- When will The Rancher’s Wife and the other books in the Wild Heart Series (co-written with Stephannie Beman) be done? I had to hand the rest of the series to Stephannie. She’ll be finishing them up. I just can’t fit writing another co-authored book into my schedule. Plus, I’ve lost interest in it since it’s been so long since I’ve worked on it. I’ll keep you updated when she gets to working on it. At the moment, she’s working on a fantasy series.
- Will you ever write Ma and Pa Larson’s story? I get this one a lot. Yes, I will. I have no idea what the plot will be. I only know Pa Larson loved her since they were little and always knew they’d end up together.
- Are your stories all fiction or are some based on real life events? They are all fiction. The characters wouldn’t let me tell anyone’s story but their own. They are very demanding.
That’s all I got at the moment. If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask. 🙂