Lorna Faith did a lot of work in putting this together, so all the credit goes to her. 😀
Below is the You Tube video. You can also listen to it on iTunes or listen to it directly off of her blog. She did a great job of summing up what we said, too, if you want to read it.
The goal of the interview was to inspire new writers. Topics include the following:
- pursuing your passion in the face of opposition
- an idea for creating a writing/publishing schedule
- what to do when you get stuck while writing
- the steps of writing a book
- benefits of self-publishing
- creating the emotionally engaging character by digging deep into point of view
- advice on writing historical fiction
- marketing advice for introverts: building relationships instead of trying to sell books and stick to 2-3 things you love, email list, Bookbub author profile, Book Launch pages, pre-orders
- how to get over the urge to give up when things get rough
- putting feedback in perspective
By the way, my experiment with the pre-orders is over, and I found the book that was on pre-order at Amazon sold the same as the one that wasn’t. I’ll do a more detailed post at http://www.selfpubauthors.com in a couple weeks.
Link to the podcast on iTunes