I’ve been working on and off on a book that is motivational for authors who want to write for passion. Since some authors who love writing for passion check out this blog from time to time, I thought I’d ask for any topics you’d be interested in me discussing in this book. I’m going to make this book free, so there’s no sense in holding back on a topic that interests you. It’s also going to be a quick read. I’m looking at anywhere from 10,000 to 15,000 words.
The goal of the book is to embrace a positive mindset about writing for passion. It’s not a “How To” book. It’s a motivational book.
I’ve just got through a couple of chapters. Here are the topics I’ve already covered:
- A brief history of indie (aka Self) publishing over the past decade. (Basically, how writers went from a passion mindset to a “I need to make money” mindset. In other words, how did we get to the place where the focus went to money rather than the simple enjoyment of telling a story.)
- Why chasing money won’t make you happy
- Why looking to outside sources (awards, bestselling lists, and others’ opinions) don’t lead to happiness
- Guarding your writing heart from the critic
- Putting yourself in the best financial position you can to be less dependent on sales
- Thinking like a writer instead of a publisher
Anyone see anything on the list they would like to see me discuss?