I just finished the first draft tonight! It wasn’t much to it, really. Remember, I was rewriting the original story so the plot stayed the same. But with the help of the sprinting method which really helps me focus in on one book at a time, I was able to get about 17,000 words in in less than a week.
I’d say that I ended up adding 30,000 words total to this book, though I probably deleted about 10,000. (This equates to four more chapters than I had before.) The biggest change was in the hero and heroine who changed in the course of the rewrite. While the plot stayed the same, extra scenes were added to enhance the development of the romance between the main characters.
I am very happy with the way this book turned out and am very glad I took the time to rewrite it instead of doing a light edit and putting it up.
I already “warned” my editing team this book will be coming right after I send them The Earl’s Secret Bargain. Now I can safely say this book will be out by August. I’m aiming for late July, but if it’s early August, then that’s fine.