In the post where I wrote about the biggest challenge of being an indie author. I listed several things I needed to do as the publisher of my company. Indies are their own publisher. I thought since my writing break is now over, I would go back and check my progress. If this kind of thing bores you, feel free to skip.
70% of my marketing and promotion goals were met.
What I got done: I have If It Takes A Scandal set up with the author assistant to promote on Facebook. I also have a blog post scheduled at a romance blog on the book’s release date. (The blog post includes a giveaway, so I’ll share it on this blog when it’s ready.)
What I still need to do: I have to set up a Bargain Booksy ad, but I can only do that after The Viscount’s Runaway Bride goes free on all channels. I’m not doing this until September, so technically, I’m not behind on this one. However, I haven’t sufficiently updated my blog and website, which is something I do need to do ASAP.
100% of the Formatting and Publishing Goals were met.
Copies of Taming The Viscountess have been mailed to my beta readers. Forced Into Marriage is now in paperback. If It Takes A Scandal has been uploaded in ebook and placed in all the retailers. I finished formatting Shotgun Groom and got it uploaded to Smashwords and the retailers it distributes to. (I had to reformat that book because Smashwords wasn’t accepting the file.)
100% of Copyright Registration goals have been met.
I registered the remaining three books that I needed to do in order to get up-to-date to the US Copyright Office, and I sent off paperback copies to the office.
98% of Social Networking goals have been met.
Except for a personal email to send to a friend, I am all caught up.
60% of edits for The Bride Price are done.
I’m doing a chapter a day in this book. It’ll be done next week.
100% of Book Cover goals have been met.
I did find someone to update all of my Marriage by Scandal Series.
I got the next two books in the Misled Mail Order Bride Series done. I also got the pre-orders set up for these books.
I decided to get a new cover for Married In Haste because I wasn’t fully happy with the one that I currently had.
This was a cover I made, and here it is:
Here is the new cover made by Yellow Prelude Design:
Personally, I love this one a lot more. Now I have to go and update this new cover on my blog, website, and in the pre-order information.
I am going to upgrade The Reclusive Earl cover, which is Book 1 in the Marriage by Fate Series.
I think those were the goals I had listed. As you can see, I didn’t have a 100% success rate for everything, but I got most of the stuff I had listed done, and that makes me very happy.